1. Your car never judges you for the music you listen to.
2. But you can also enjoy the beautiful silences together.
3. Your car doesn’t judge you for what you eat.
4. And sometimes, without even realizing it, you’ll share your food with your car.
5. Your heart races at the sound of its “voice.”
6. You hate the idea of sharing your car with anyone, ever.
7. On the other hand, you always love introducing it to friends and family.
8. It’s been there for all of life’s victories and celebrations.
9. It’s also seen you at your lowest and most embarrassing moments. And you’re OK with that.
10. Nothing makes a bad day better like going on a long drive together.
11. Sometimes, when you’re together, it’s as if time stops while the rest of the world rushes by.
12. You know that no matter what happens, your car will always be there for you.
Dogs up for adoption at Quinte Humane Society
The Mix 97 crew had a great time at Batawa Ski hill on Saturday. The Rail Jam competition took place to start off the 1st annual Batawa Ski Hill Event. Orlena Cain had a great day boarding, Sean Kelly had to sit out of riding the slopes due to his ‘89 hockey injury.
Sleep is anything but a waste of time. While many people think of catching ZZs as the body “shutting off” until morning, nodding off actually activates a complicated process that helps you feel rested and healthy the next day. Scientists divide sleep into four stages, each full sleep cycle takes about 90 minutes to complete, meaning we cycle through roughly five rotations during 7.5 hours between the sheets. The amount of time spent in each stage of sleep varies by cycle, with more deep sleep taking place earlier in the night and more dreaming sleep in the second half of the night. In honor of Sleep Awareness Week, here’s a closer look at some of the amazingly complex things your body does every night.
1. Britney tied the knot with Jason Alexander.
2. And then Kevin Federline.
3. Mark Zuckerberg launched Thefacebook.
4. The Notebook came out and the whole world wept.
5. Of course, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams became a thing.
6. Luke and Julie Cooper had an affair.
7. Meanwhile, Nathan and Hayley got married. (One Tree Hill)
8. Apple Martin came into the world.
9. Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray were the most perfect couple ever in A Cinderella Story.
10. Nadia won Big Brother.
11. Rachel got off that plane. (friends)
12. Benifer ended.
13. So did Brian McFadden and Kerry Katona.
14. McFly released their first album.
15. Shaun Of The Dead came out.
16. As did the second Bridget Jones film.
17. Michelle Mc Manus, Sophie Ellis-Bexter and Jamelia had number 1 singles.
18. Band Aid 20 got the Christmas number 1.
19. Cady learnt her lesson. (Mean Girls)
20. Lindsay Lohan released an album.
21. Desperate Housewives graced our screens for the first time.
22. Steve Brookstein won the first series of The X Factor.
23. And the first series of Strictly kicked off.
24. Meanwhile, the last ever Rugrats episode aired.
25. So did the final episode of Sex And The City.
26. And The Lizzie McGuire Show.
27. But, most importantly, Janet Jackson suffered her now infamous wardrobe malfunction.
For a cleanser that sinks deep into pores to clear out dirt and makeup, whisk two egg whites until frothy, then add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply to face and leave until you feel the mask harden. After a few minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
Quickly whisk two egg whites until frothy. Next, mix in a few spoonfulls of Greek yogurt. Apply an even layer to face and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Mash up one half of a ripe avocado and add to two frothy egg whites. Apply to skin evenly and let set for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Mix one ripe avocado, one egg white and a teaspoon of lemon juice until smooth. Apply to skin and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse away to reveal soft beautiful skin.
NOTE: Lemon juice is acidic, so you may feel a bit of a sting. Keep mixture away from any open cuts.
Definition: A troublemaker.
How to use it in a sentence: “That dude is a real gurrier.”
Definition: Irish slang for smooching.
How to use it in a sentence: “Did you get the shift last night?”
How to use it in a sentence: “Dang, it’s Baltic in this icy lake.”
Definition: Something that is brilliant.
How to use it in a sentence: “Wow, dude, your dad is savage.”
Definition: A Gaelic word for a dear friend or pal.
How to use it in a sentence: “‘Ah, Jim, my old segotia, how are you?”
Definition: A crazy person.
How to use it in a sentence: “‘Did you see all those people waiting line outside that nightclub? What a bunch of head-the-balls.”
Definition: A Gaelic word that has no exact English translation, but means banter and is always related to a joyous or uplifting conversation.
How to use it in a sentence “The craic was great last night. John was being hilarious.”
Definition: When you crave an extra beer.
How to use it in a sentence: “He had the goo, so he went to get another pint.”
9. Sucking Diesel
Definition: To finally get a car going after a slow start.
How to use it in a sentence: “We finally got the car started. We’re sucking diesel now.”
10. Rock Up
Definition: This is how Irish people describe arriving to a cool place.
How to use it in a sentence: “I rocked up to that new club.”
Its March Break and there are tons of events around Belleville to be taking part of with your family!
Batawa Ski Hill is open all week, the slopes are fresh with snow!
Tobogganing on Belleville’s famous 401 tobogganing hill!
Skating on Quinte’s great outdoor ice or inside on Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre!
Magic Show at Belleville Public Library Time at 10:30 am for all ages
If you’re family consist of children of the older variety there are tours of Loyalist Collage all march break!