The LA Galaxy took on the Seattle Sounders but before the match began #GalaxySocial National Anthem Contest winner 7-year-old Malea Emma sang the national anthem! How is it possible to have such a powerful voice at the age of seven? Tjandrawidjaja definitely has a bright future ahead of her.
Sat, Sep 22nd, '18 - 9:23 pm
A tornado touched down in the Ottawa-Gatineau area on Friday evening with winds possibly ranging from 179 to 218 km/hr. My heart goes out to those in my town Gatineau Quebec.
Thu, Sep 20th, '18 - 8:33 pm
A lot of people say kids aren’t as independent these days, because we don’t LET them. And a new survey looked into how much times have changed.
Over 1,000 parents were asked about five different activities . . . if they’d let a 10-year-old do them today without supervision . . . and if their parents let THEM do each of them at the same age. Here’s what they said . . .
1. Would you let your 10-year-old stay home alone for an hour or two? 53% said THEY did it by the time they were 10 . . . but only 36% said it’s okay for kids today.
2. Walk or bike to school alone? 68% did it . . . only 43% would let their kids do it now.
3. Play in a public park on their own? 51% did it as kids . . . only 26% would let their kids do it now.
4. Play in the yard without an adult. 91% did it . . . 78% would let their kids do it today.
5. Go trick-or-treating on Halloween without an adult? 44% did it when they were kids . . . only 24% would let their own kids do it.
The survey also found that just 60% of kids today enjoy playing outside. Only 1 in 10 said it’s their favorite activity. And overall, the one activity they enjoy the most is playing video games.
Thu, Sep 20th, '18 - 12:53 pm
What happens when you hold in a fart? It doesn’t just disappear, right? The answer is going to make you never want to hold your farts in again.
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:52 pm
About 17 years ago, he decided to SELL it to pay off medical bills after his wife Laura was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
The good news is her treatments worked, and she’s been cancer free for 13 years now. Which is all that really matters. But he always missed that car.
So their two kids . . . who are now in their 20s . . . recently managed to track down the Mustang’s new owner. And last month, they bought it BACK for him.’
Posted by Jake Ryan on Saturday, September 1, 2018
There’s a video of them surprising him with it. And as soon as he sees it, he starts crying. But he wasn’t just emotional about the car.
He told a local paper that doing what they did proves his kids are good people. And knowing he and his wife raised them right is the, quote, “strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have.”
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:47 pm
They looked at the five big personality traits psychologists use . . . neuroticism, extraversion, openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness. And they took data from 1.5 million personality quizzes, then sorted it all using an algorithm.
The confusing part is you don’t necessarily fit into just one category your whole life. You might be between categories, and it tends to change as you get older and more mature. But most of us are at least close to one of them at any given point in time.
Here are the four personality types they came up with. And by definition, most of us fit into the first one, which they called “Average” . . .
1. Average. You’re relatively agreeable, conscientious, extraverted, and neurotic. But you’re a little cautious when it comes to trying new things. Apparently that’s most of us.
2. Reserved. You’re less extraverted, neurotic, and open to new things. But you’re still emotionally stable, conscientious, and agreeable.
3. Self-centered. You’re VERY extraverted, but score lower in the other four traits. People under 21 are more likely to fit into that one. Especially teenage boys.
4. Role model. You score high in all of the categories except neuroticism. So you’re extraverted, open to new experiences, agreeable, and emotionally stable. People over 40 were more likely to fit into that one.
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:38 pm
This happened last month but it’s making the rounds now. It’s video of some whale watchers, and they totally got their money’s worth. It starts as they’re next to three whales that have surfaced right next to their boat.
And then ALL THREE whales dive at the same time. They’re under water for around 10 seconds and then, one at a time, each one leaps into the air and spins as if they’re synchronized swimmers.
Triple Breach! cropped down to last 57 seconds, from Edmond Giroux (passenger)To use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgWe understand people have 'concerns' for whales and whale-watchers. Owner/biologist Tom Goodwin has been observing/studying whales for over 35 years, and risked his life 'rescuing' whales from entanglements in his younger years. He is one of the most experienced/qualified whale guides in the world! http://oceanexplorations.ca/tom.html There have been several comments about US disturbing the whales, 'waking them up' … driving up to them etc. .. none are true. … The whales surfaced after a dive and swam and/or drifted over to us. One 'interacted' with us before joining the other two 'logging' for many minutes before the 'take off'. We did not (ever) approach the whales or 'wake them up'. Thx for your interest (including 'concern')
Posted by Ocean Explorations Zodiac Whale Cruises on Friday, August 31, 2018
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:37 pm
Some guy in Alabama loves taking video of himself as he sneaks up on his dad and scares him. This time he did it while his dad was installing new flooring, and he frightened him so much that he fell through a hole in the floor.
He didn’t fall very far, and everyone had a good laugh.
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:37 pm
Coming pre-loaded with 20 classic games, including Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms, Jumping Flash, and Ridge Racer Type 4, the classic system will sell for $99.99 and is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation.
Essentially PlayStation is copying what Nintendo has done the past two holiday seasons and releasing their own classic console with updated plugs for your entertainment center. Check out the announcement video below.
Wed, Sep 19th, '18 - 10:36 pm
2018 isn’t technically over, but you can pretty much translate the most stolen car models to cars you can buy now. Apparently last year’s most stolen vehicle was the 1998 Honda Civic as almost 6,700 of them were reported stolen last year!
Don’t worry if you have a new car too because the most stolen 2017 model car was the Nissan Altima with over 1,100 stolen in 2017 alone! You can check out both lists below of cars you want to avoid buying the next few years:
Most Stolen Cars of 2017:
- Honda Civic, 1998 (6,707)
- Honda Accord, 1997 (6,301)
- Ford Pick-Up (Full Size), 2006 (3,151)
- Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size), 2004 (1,907)
- Toyota Camry, 2017 (1,100)
- Nissan Altima, 2016 (1,450)
- Toyota Corolla, 2106 (1,012)
- Dodge Pick-Up (Full Size), 2001 (1,242)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size), 2017 (957)
- Chevrolet Impala 2008 (991)
Most Stolen 2017 Car Model:
- Nissan Altima (1,153)
- Toyota Camry (1,100)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size) (957)
- Hyundai Elantra (929)
- Ford Fusion (874)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size) (842)
- Ram Pickup (835)
- Toyota Corolla (832)
- GMC Savana (774)
- Hyundai Sonata (759)