Career Edge is here to help.
Career Edge has been providing employment services since 2001 and has offices in Campbellford, Napanee, Northbrook, Picton and Trenton. Career Edge provides a variety of Employment Ontario services for Youth and Adults. Whether you are looking for your first job or your last, or you're an employer needing employment services, Career Edge is here to help. And services are provided free of charge.
Your job is out there and we'll help you find it. At a time when 70 percent of all new jobs require post-secondary education or enhanced skills training, Employment Ontario helps people get the skills needed to compete in today's workforce. We also help employers connect with workers.
If you need help finding a job, putting together a resumé, improving your interview techniques, or upgrading your skills, Career Edge is here for you. We are your one-stop shop for all the help you need to find the job you're looking for.
Listen Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:50 for the week's latest job listings in our region. Brought to you by Career Edge and Mix 97.
This week's job postings
Posted 2017-04-25 15:12:44
Community Care Northumberland is recruiting a casual/part time paid Driver for their Specialized Transportation Program!!!
Date: Wednesday May 3, 2017
Where: Campbellford Public Library
98 Bridge Street East
If you enjoy working with seniors & people with disabilities & driving, come prepared with your resume to learn more about this opportunity!
Class F driver’s license
Clear drivers abstract
First Aid/CPR Certified
Must have flexible schedule
Knowledge of defensive driving techniques
Knowledge of vehicle lifts and wheelchair tie downs
Excellent organizational skills
Proven record keeping skills
Work well independently
Effective communication skills
Suitability to work with seniors and disabled persons
*Some knowledge of Northumberland County rural roads is an asset!
Contact Career Edge in Campbellford for more details! 705-632-0218
Posted 2017-04-21 15:11:32
Quinte area Optical employer is seeking an Optical Assistant for 35-40 hours per week.
• Assist customers with selecting eyeglass frames
• Answer phone, data entry & filing
• Assemble/ repair frames & lenses
• Will be trained in fabricating/dispensing of prescription glasses & contact lenses
• Inventory and merchandising of frames
• High School education
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to distinguish colors
• Able to proficiently assist customers in their frame choices
• Must be professional, energetic, dependable and have a passion for learning
• Applicant must be eager to learn and train in a long term career with the opportunity to gain certification in the Optical field
• Hours are 35-40 per week
• Starting wage is $13.50 per hour with increases dependant on abilities
• No experience necessary employer is willing to train
Please apply by email with resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply to one of these jobs, you must contact the specific Career Edge Job Developer directly, listed after each job posting.
Previous job postings
Click any job title to view the full posting
Posted 2017-04-13 12:17:08
The Blommer Chocolate Company in Campbellford is currently looking for a licenced Millwright or an apprentice who is keen on completing the requirements of the trade certificate.
• The Millwright Mechanic is required to perform all aspects of building and equipment maintenance for our food manufacturing facility
• Millwrights conduct troubleshooting, repair and provide preventative maintenance services to production equipment throughout the plant, builds and assembles new equipment and maintains the facility
• To be successful in this position you must have your Millwright certification and several years’ experience, preferably in the food manufacturing industry
• Our facility operates on a 7/24 basis and our Maintenance team works a 12 hour, continental, rapid rotation shift schedule. You must sign an agreement to work 8, 10, 12 hour shifts, days, nights, weekends and holidays to be employed at Blommer Chocolate
• Consideration may be given to registered Millwright apprentices with work experience, paid at a reduced rate
• Position is full time
• Wage is competitive and is to be negotiated based on experience
• Three years’ experience is preferred
Apply by email to email@example.com
Posted 2017-04-11 06:29:43
Quinte area company is seeking a Bookkeeper for fulltime employment Monday to Friday.
• Will be responsible for month & year end reporting
• Payroll calculation & deductions
• Accounts Payable
• Credit card reconciliation & banking
• All business tax & payroll remittances
• Five years or more bookkeeping/accounting experience
• Experience in using all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word & Excel)
• Will have experience with construction bookkeeping
• Familiar with Union laws & environment
• Experience in using SAGE/Simply Accounting
• Business Vision software experience(Asset)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Wage to be determined based on experience
Closing date: April 21, 2017
Please apply with a Cover letter & Resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 2017-03-24 14:08:45
Campbellford Chrysler is expanding their Service Department and they are seeking a Class A Automotive Technician to work in their busy dealership.
• Candidates will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of customer vehicles
• Perform diagnostics and recommend appropriate course of action for the customer to ensure driver safety and maintain integrity of the dealership
• Must be able to maintain a high standard of service delivery and work in a fast paced environment
• Provide excellent customer service
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean abstract
• Must be a licensed Class A Technician
• Must have own tools and safety boots
• Basic computer skills
• Previous Chrysler experience is an asset
• The position offers competitive pay, a great work environment, benefits and pension plan
Apply by email to email@example.com
Posted 2017-03-24 14:06:37
Attention all job Seekers! If you are: unemployed, out of school and actively seeking employment ... Career Edge can help! We currently have more jobs available on our job bank than we can fill and more coming in every day! We can connect you to local employers. Our goal is to help you find long term, sustainable, employment! Visit our website at www.careeredge.on.ca or contact us today.
Campbellford: 705 632-0218
Picton: 613 476-6456
Trenton: 613 392-9157
“Get the Edge” with Career Edge!
Call NOW to book an appointment!
Posted 2017-03-09 12:36:30
Quinte area employer is seeking applicants for a Fuel/Tire/ Yard person position.
Fulltime shifts Sunday to Thursday or Monday to Friday to be determined. Hours of work will be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Position will be fueling trailers, tire changes and yard maintenance.
• Must be physically capable of heavy lifting.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have reliable transportation
• Acceptable driver’s abstract
• Ability to offer a clear criminal record check upon offer of employment
• Grade Twelve Diploma
• Possibility of an apprenticeship
• Starting wage of $13.50 per hour
Employer is willing to train but applicant must have mechanical abilities.
Please apply by email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted 2015-12-23 10:17:23
Looking for qualified individuals to fill your job openings? Visit our Career Edge website and post your ads for FREE!! IT’S SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE!! With CAREER EDGE you can advertise and manage your job postings at your leisure. You can access the site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since launching our site we have experienced hundreds of inquiries from employers and job seekers alike. Contact one of our experienced Certified Job Developers for more information on our FREE EMPLOYER SERVICES! Career Edge has been assisting Employers and Job Seekers in our communities for over twenty years! 81 Dundas St. West, Trenton ON K8V 3P4 613-392-9157 www.careeredge.on.ca